Monday, October 22, 2012

Playing with Fire

Playing With Fire

Playing with Fire
Author: Taylor Lee
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)
4 out of 5 Stars


Synopsis

 A rookie firefighter accused of setting the fire that kills her husband and his mistress.

 “A bad-assed cop falls for the beautiful firefighter only to discover she is his #1 suspect in a double murder.

 Can Nate find the real murderer before the murderer finds her?


My Review

What can I say about Taylor Lee’s books?  Well, that they are awesome.  When I finished reading Big Girls Don’t Cry, I was so excited to read more of Taylor’s stories.  I moved on to Playing with Fire I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to put it down.   Not too smart on my part to start it at night because yes, I didn’t stop reading until it was over.  That’s the thing I love about Taylor’s books.  They are so dramatic that you can’t wait to turn the page to see what’s next.  In this story it’s a woman firefighter (love it!) and a police detective.  Now I so did not like Nate in this story but his character worked.  Sorry, he was a jerk, but I loved Erin.  I have got to say it must be hard to write about someone with such a traumatic past but turn out to be a strong character.  I love that about Taylor’s female characters.  I can usually pick out who the villain is in the story but not so much with this one.  There were so many different angles to this mystery that anyone could have been “the one”.  Taylor’s story has action, romance, drama and suspense, which in my book are the essence to a great read.  Taylor has made me a loyal reader, I can’t wait for more.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment