Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review and Promo: Cry of The Wolf By Dianna Hardy

Why Werewolves?  
By Dianna Hardy 
www.diannahardy.com 

Thanks so much for having me on your blog today, Amy :)
I’ve wanted to write about werewolves for quite a while, but I never knew where I was going to set them, and I never knew how I was going to make them different from any other werewolf story out there. I wanted to write a story based on the very animal urges of this mythological creature, and how those animal urges constantly fight against the higher mind (and higher heart) of man as a humane being. Was a werewolf really evil when they turned? When they were in human guise? Did they remember anything about their animal selves when they were human? How important was the pull of the moon for them – what ruled over them? These were all questions I asked myself, and I decided to explore the “animal control” aspect in my series. So, I didn’t just introduce a werewolf. I introduced a mutant species – their enemy – called The Trident. A “shadow” of the werewolf, if you will. Now I could begin to answer those questions above. Now I could begin to explore control and the animal within, for none of us are complete without our shadow. Why werewolves? Unbeknownst to me, they would lead me home (in a way). I have set the story in the Surrey Hills (UK), in areas where I used to live (near or around). In writing these stories, I am sort of coming home – because I never really left the Surrey Hills. I am so in love with this area of Britain and I never said goodbye properly. So, I will be interested to know where I find myself in a couple of years time: saying goodbye to this home for good? Or saying hello once more, because I’ve come back :)

 Excerpt 

The soft summer breeze danced through the window, Lydia’s scent caressed the skin of his cheek and his control snapped. His wolf still near the surface, he glanced outside and zeroed in on the source of her aroma. It came from some distance away to the north-east, and he closed his eyes and focused on what else the breeze was telling him … past the cobbled High Street, past the hilly mounds that lay beyond: pine trees – firs – petrol, metal, oil, grease, bacon grease… The biker’s cafĂ© near Newlands Corner. He pressed the wood further into his palms in an effort to keep from shifting. His skin broke, blood seeped, but he couldn’t contain the territorial, low bark that left his throat. He vaguely hoped no one was standing outside his office right this second. He flung the wood aside with ferocity, a couple of drops of blood flying across the room with it; grabbed his leather jacket and helmet, and stormed out of the theatre to his motorbike, not bothering to mind anyone in the way because no one got in the way. The thrum of his beautiful carriage calmed him to a degree, but this time, the calmness enabled him to feel the bite of the ice that had festered inside him – in his heart.

Cry Of The Wolf eBook is now available from Amazon stores and Smashwords (other retailers to follow).
The paperback will be available for purchase from 25th April.
More info: 
http://www.diannahardy.com/cry-of-the-wolf.html

Dianna Hardy is a multi-genre author of paranormal things, dark things, poetic things, sexy things, taboo things, and sometimes funny things. She writes about witches, demons and angels … and now werewolves.





Cry of The Wolf
Author: Dianna Hardy
Adult Paranormal Romance
4 out of 5 Stars

This is an adult, paranormal fantasy short novel (over 55,000 words) containing scenes of explicit sexual content and some violence, entwined with romantic elements.

Synopsis

The full moon is a week away, and although Lydia is as excited as it gets to run as a wolf for the first time, she is also fighting to keep her independence while trying to understand her role in the lives of the three males that have come to rule hers: compassionate, tender Taylor; impetuous, fun-loving Ryan and distant, cold Lawrence.

There's also a fourth man in Lydia's life. Brendan, her previous "friend with benefits", is tirelessly searching for her. He's about to uncover things that should be kept hidden.

However, the testosterone surrounding her is the last thing she should be worrying about. Her family bear truths about her heritage she's not ready to face ... she may not have a choice, because the greatest danger to them all comes from within. The past never stays buried for long, and among the shadows of their species it is rising with a vengeance, threatening to tear their pack apart for good.


My Review

Dianna is one of those authors where you can tell with whatever she writes, she does it with intense passion and belief that her characters are real. I really want to live in her world. Dianna's Eye of The Storm Series is an intense roller coaster ride of emotions and suspense. The entire time reading this story I was on the edge of my seat. Unlike the first book, Releasing The Wolf, Dianna has added many more back stories and new angles with her characters. Whereas I love reading about Lydia, Ryan, Taylor and Lawrence, she has added Amil, who is a bad ass Trident from the first book. Many dots are being connected in this story as well as new complications full of deceit and lies. I have to look back on what Dianna told me about this new series from the beginning, this was not going to be a happily ever after. Her characters were going to be put through the ringer, and what can I tell you...it works. Unlike anything you have ever read, Cry of The Wolf, is going to make you question everything and everyone. I can't wait for the next book.  Enjoy!







 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review and for hosting me on your blog! Dianna xx

    ReplyDelete