Sunday, November 11, 2012

Initiation (The Warrior Series)

Initiation (The Warrior, #1)
Initiation (The Warrior Series)
Author: Rebecca Royce
YA Book
(Amy's Review)
5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

My name is Rachel Clancy. Thirty years before I was born, the world ended. Today is my sixteenth birthday. Today I will go Upwards to fight the monsters and, statistically speaking, I won’t be coming back—at least not still living.

Initiation is the story of sixteen year old Rachel Clancy, born with a specific set of genes that let her fight monsters, she has trained her entire life to kill Vampires and Werewolves. Knowing since birth what her destiny would be has not made the onslaught of emotions she faces as she journey Upwards any easier. It doesn’t help that her father is drunk and her best friend just doesn’t get ‘it.’

Rachel isn’t prepared for the level of deception she faces, and before long she will find herself on a quest she is in no way prepared to handle. What happens next will alter not only Rachel’s life but the lives of everyone she knows. She will learn beyond a shadow of a doubt that sometimes the monsters we know are worse than the ones we don’t and that love can surprise us when it comes from somewhere we never anticipated it.

If she lives, she will be a Warrior. If she doesn’t, no one will ever remember her name.


My Review

This was one of those books I had sitting in my kindle constantly overlooking it for no reason.  When I finally sat down and read it on Friday, yes in one day, I was overwhelmed.  It was such a great story.  The first couple chapters were a bit slow for me, but they were necessary for you to see the background of how the humans were living.  Once Rachel goes up that elevator, the story too off for me.  This was a great post apocalyptic story of how the world we know becomes over run with monsters.  Teenagers being sent out on their sixteenth birthday to fight as long as they are born with the gift.  The gift to be able to fight.  In Initiation, Rachel is just turning sixteen and about to go up on her first mission.  Having been trained since a young age, Rachel soon learns that she is more than just special, she is the daughter of one of strongest warriors.  Too bad for her that her parents left her some baggage and a bad rep.  Rachel is forced on her first mission alone, but as if that isn't bad enough, Rachel's mission doesn't go as planned.  Rachel's journey has just begun and she is the key to bringing all the darkness into the light.  I hope you enjoy Initiation as much as I did.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog on Goodreads and started following - looking forward to reading your posts!

    Amy

    http://neftzger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete