Thursday, August 9, 2012

Blue Moon Rising

Blue Moon Rising (The Patroness, #1)
Blue Moon Rising (The Patroness, #1)
Author: Natalie Herzer 
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)
4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Maiwenn Cadic does not have an easy life. Not only does she try to solve magical troubles as a Private Investigator by day, but she is also the Patroness of Paris and kicks the ass of the shadows lurking in the night – and all of it in a world, where magic supposedly doesn't even exist.

When five shapeshifters end up dead, she knows it’s bad news and has to call in The Council, who immediately send their legendary assassin and shapeshifter, Kylian ‘The Killer’ Tremaine. Together they have to overcome their prejudices and obstacles in the form of a trigger-happy bounty hunter and a hungry rogue, and solve the murder before more bodies pile up.


What a surprisingly delightful read.  I was a bit skeptical at first with the whole French culture aspect, I thought I would be a bit lost but it worked for me.  I've never been to Paris but I must say that based on the descriptions that the author used, I will be booking my plane ticket.  The story had mystery to it, a great suspense that has you nail biting at the end.  The characters are lovable, and they show such great chemistry.  I read this in one afternoon because it was so hard to put down.  I honestly don't have one negative comment about it.  I hope that the author gets moving and writes the next one soon.  What a great cliff hanger at the end! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I followed you, please follow back? And I am nominating you to the Versatile Book Blogger Award :) For more info, check out this link: http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete