Saturday, May 4, 2013

Book Review: Wanderlust By Skye Warren


Wanderlust

Wanderlust
Author: Skye Warren
Adult Book 18+
Dark Erotic/Suspense/Romance
 4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis:

Can love come from pain?

Evie always dreamed of seeing the world, but her first night at a motel turns into a nightmare. Hunter is a rugged trucker willing to do anything to keep her—including kidnapping. As they cross the country in his rig, Evie plots her escape, but she may find what she's been looking for right beside her.

 
 

Wanderlust is a dark erotic novel which explores dubious consent, captivity, and power play. Not intended for those uncomfortable with the subject matter or under eighteen.

My Review:


I am generally new to the genre of dark erotic romance stories. Wanderlust is the 3rd book I’ve read so far and they are growing on me. I am fortunate that of the three I’ve read, they have been 4 or 5 star ratings. Wanderlust is the first story I have read where both characters are so horribly broken from the start and stay that way through the ending. Their journey throughout the book was completely addicting. Whereas the scenes are disturbing, and heart-wrenching, you cannot stop reading because you want to know what will happen next. The characters have such violent and abusive backgrounds that they would be a psychologist’s wet dream. That in itself helps make them intriguing. You want to know why turned out the way they are, you want to know what secret they are hiding, and you want to have hope that they can overcome their obstacles. Wrapping this up, I would not say this is a romance story, for me, this is a dark erotic suspense story. There are no happy endings, no happily ever after, and no riding off together into the sunset. Not to spoil anything but if I wanted a Disney ending then I would go read Cinderella. I liked this because of these reasons; it was dark, raw, disturbing, sad, exciting and suspenseful all in one. For those who enjoy this genre, I would recommend it. For those who are new to this genre, throw all your feelings of right and wrong out the window and enjoy this for what it is, a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment