Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Intuition (The Premonition #2) By Amy Bartol

Intuition (The Premonition, #2)



Intuition (The Premonition #2)
Author: Amy Bartol
YA Book
Paranormal Romance
 5 out of 5 Stars
Review by Lauren Henry

Synopsis

I don’t open my eyes so I can’t see him, but I can smell him. He thickens the air I breathe, choking me with his scent…his aroma. I shiver. I have to resist. If I’m not strong, then I will be relegated to the same fate as this predator whose sickness infects me even now. But now, I crave him and he knows that; he has been counting on my need to end the gnawing pain. How he would savor my surrender. I’m alive, but how much longer will it take until I beg him not to be?

Review


The tragic incident at the 711 has shaken Evie to her core.  Learning of the loss of her Uncle was a devastating blow that made what happened that night that much more heartbreaking.  She is not fully functional at the start of this book but can you blame her?  When the last known member of your family has been murdered, you can never fully recover but with the help of Reed, Zeph, and Buns, Evie begins the healing process and just starts to begin to come around when a ski trip turns disastrous.  Evie’s worst fears cause her to flee her new family, dreading that she will put their lives in jeopardy if she remains within close proximity to them.  Accompanied by the only one on this Earth like her, Russell and Evie set out to start a new life in hiding in the hopes that she can keep her loved ones safe.  Unfortunately they are followed by something more powerful and even more deadly than anything they have ever encountered before.  Evie is captured and without the help of Russell, Reed, or her angel friends, she must face an evil worse than her nightmares alone.

               
 There is absolutely no way you are going to see anything coming in this book.  You are blind sighted left and right.  From the moment Evie and Reed step off that ski lift, to the moment Evie is captured, from the determination she musters while dehydrated and dying on her cell floor, you will be gasping in shock and mentally cursing up a storm.  This book also brings a new perspective, Russell’s to be precise.  I will admit, the change came suddenly and frankly, I was a little annoyed.  I had not expected to hear the southern drawl first person experience of Mr. Marx so when the switch was made, I was frustrated.  Thankfully, the annoyance and frustration quickly subsided.  I mastered his accent (in my head, as I read that is) and the switch was made back to Evie.  Looking back, I did appreciate seeing this story from a different point of view!   I especially enjoyed the male perspective that Russell brought to the table not to mention all of those interesting memories of all of those lifetimes spent with Evie were a special added bonus treat, thank you Ms. Bartol btw, because WOW.  That’s all I can say, or write, whatever, just WOW.
                That only leaves me with one more topic that I feel like I have to touch on only slightly and only because I don’t want to give away too much…he needs no introduction really…the one, the only, the man you’ll love to hate and hate to love…BRENNUS.  He makes his debut in Intuition and its one hell of a debut.  If you haven’t gotten hooked to The Premonition Series yet, this book and this man will have you hook, line, and sinker.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment