Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: How Not To Be Seduced By Billionaires #2, #3

Courted (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #2) Caged (How Not to be Seduced by Billionaires, #3)


















Courted #2
4 out of 5 Stars
Caged #3
3 out of 5 Stars
Author: Marian Tee
Romance, Erotic
Adult Book

Courted Synopsis:

My name is Yanna Everleigh. I used to think playing hard to get would be enough to keep gorgeous, sexy billionaires away - well, at least the kind who didn't do love at least. But I was wrong. If anything, it just made my billionaire get even, leaving us both brokenhearted.

His name is Constantijin Kastein. He blows hot and cold, acting like he doesn't know the meaning of romance but then he sweeps me off my feet with the adorable little things he does. He makes me want to be his, even though he seems to want other women, too. But he's also Netherlands' #1 playboy and I'm the only virgin he hasn't been able to bed. I have to be sure he doesn't just see me as a challenge.

Maybe if I ask him to court me - maybe if I pretend other men are also courting me - pretend that I'm like him and I can want other men, too - maybe he'll finally stop trying to seduce me.

Or not.


Caged Synopsis:

My name is Yanna Everleigh. I used to think asking for a courtship would be enough to keep gorgeous, sexy billionaires away - well, at least the kind who didn't do love at least. But I was wrong. If anything, it only made my billionaire realize I can hurt him, too, and now we're apart.

His name is Constantijin Kastein. He blows hot and cold, wanting me by his side all the time but never hesitating to walk away when I get too close to his heart. He makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, wondering if the next best thing to love should be good enough for me. But he's also Netherlands' #1 playboy and I'm that one woman he's asked to moved in with him. I need to show him he doesn't need a cage to keep me his.

Maybe if I tell him first that I love him - maybe if I pretend that I don't see the coldness in his eyes when we talk about that word - pretend that I don't feel him putting distance between us when I ask for something he's not yet ready to give - maybe he'll finally realize that he doesn't have to seduce a woman who loves him. He just has to love her back.

Or not.


My Review:

Marian has come up with the cutest idea for these stories. How Not To Be Seduced By Billionaires as a whole was entertaining and enjoyable, definitely worth the price. They are shorter stories but Marian makes it work because she gets everything you need within these pages. Courted begins off right after book 1, Chased, with Yanna back from her Vegas trip. This book is about the aftermath of Yanna's demand of Constantijin to enter into a relationship with her.  I enjoyed this book because it was a great middle book giving you the growth of their relationship. Caged was the 3rd book ending the series which I didn't enjoy as much as the first two. Although Yanna had some great moments that made me laugh and cheer out loud for her, you get to see a tougher side of her for moments, but as a whole, Yanna crying the entire time left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. This book was the most emotional of the three, which makes sense why she crys so much but it was more depressing than anything. Yanna as a character has the most growth from the books, Constantijin I don't believe necessarily grows as a character but just gives in to what Yanna wants. You get to see how and why Constantijin is who he is along with some family background.  I would have liked to see more change from him, but you can't take away a tiger's stripes. All in all I enjoyed the series and would recommend it to my followers and friends. Marian did a great job of adding lust, laughter and that moment where you just smile and sigh when it all comes to an end. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment