Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Come Away With Me

Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle, #1)
Come Away With Me (With Me In Seattle Series #1)
Author: Kristen Proby
Adult Book 18+
Romance
4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

*Warning: Contains profanity, explicit sex, and a super sexy couple!

Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.

Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.

Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?


My Review

When I first got this book, I thought it was going to be another cheesy romance book, blah blah blah. I was so glad it wasn't! This book was outstanding, it was funny, sad, romantic and very entertaining. I give sympathy to actors who can never find peace and quiet out of the spotlight. In this story, Natalie is just a photographer taking pictures of scenery, couples, the water and is accosted by Luke, former actor, thinking she is a paparazzi trying to take his picture.

"He looks me up and down, taking in my dark hair,
currently tied up in a haphazard bun, casual red t-shirt that
hugs my breasts, jeans, curvy hips and thighs,
and returns his deep blue gaze to mine.
Wow.
"I'm Luke."  He holds his hand out for me to shake
and I look at it, still not fully trusting him, then back up to him.
He raises a brow, almost as a challenge and I find
myself putting my small hand in his big,
strong one and clasping it firmly.
"Natalie."


Too bad she has no idea who he is and is ready to fight, gotta love a girl with some oomph. Luke loving the idea that she has no idea who he is decides to pursue her. Although he is handsome and charming, Natalie is not relationship material, she is a "hey let's have some fun and see ya later" type girl. I loved the scene where Natalie and Luke are having a drink together and he asks her if she enjoys movies. She calls the modern day movies "drivel" and says " If I see a trailer for one more stupid vampire movie, I'm going to kill myself".  The funniest thing is as an actor he played a vampire! That's when I knew this was going to be good. So this story about two people with major insecurities, and tragic pasts, find each other hoping love can last forever. It's so realistic and the characters are entertaining and enjoyable. Plus Luke is just plain old hot, domineering and sensitive at the same time. I am looking forward to book 2 "Fight With Me".  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment