Sunday, September 9, 2012

Primal Law : Alpha Pack #1

Primal Law (Alpha Pack #1)

Primal Law
Author: J.D. Tyler
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)
3 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Meet the Alpha Pack, a top-secret military team of wolf-shifters fighting the most dangerous predators in the world, human and nonhuman. After a massacre leaves Jaxon Law crippled, he must relearn how to fight-and battle the anger and guilt threatening to overwhelm him. But when Jax rescues a beautiful woman who awakens his primal instincts, he is unprepared for the dangers that lie ahead. Soon he must decide if the deep connection he feels with Kira is worth defying the ultimate shifter law...

Have you ever read a book that you were really excited about but just didn't hold up to the hype?  That was this book for me.  I really wanted it to be one of those knock your socks off books.  My first attraction to this book that the synopsis gave me a Nalini Singh PsyChangeling feeling.  I love that series and was hoping to find something that compares.  While this story does hold scenarios and characters abilities like Nalini's, the character relations and development just left me with a bad taste.  The plot of the story was exciting, and the ending was great, just some of the juicy bits in-between didn't do it for me.  I will more that likely move on to book 2 only because I am still holding out for something in this series.  If you do read this book please comment on your thoughts of the book, I am curious of others opinions.  Happy Reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the look of your blog... nice review...
    I am your new follower... Cheers

    ReplyDelete