Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shade's Loss


Shade's Loss

Shade's Loss
Author: Christina Worrell
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)
4 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Shade is not your typical teenage girl. Both of her parents are long dead and now all she has is her brother until a nightmarish creature from hell rips him away leaving her in the hands of a cold, old world, vampire assassin. His job as a Tracker is to hunt down rogue and feral immortals and end their existence. Now a teenage, elfin beauty has suddenly tumbled into his sadistically simple life. As he comes ever closer to a thousand years of age he begins to find his self at war with the overlords who fear his unnatural abilities. Fallen and on the run he finds that he must gain a broken girls trust and love before an inevitable war erupts that might just end his immortal life. Can Shade overcome her fears and accept the dark fallen hero?

This was such a great read.  I got this book on Amazon when it was listed as a free read and I am so glad I got it.  It starts off with Shade and her brother Mikhail, this beginning shows such a great bond between brother and sister and it sets up the story beautifully for later on.  Right in the beginning the action begins.  Mikhail is attacked and Shade meets her destiny, Damon.  Christina gives such great detail in explaining the scenes and the characters that you can envision it perfectly when reading.  She also writes so that you instantly bond and connect with the characters in such a way that you cannot help but feel emotions for them.  I love that about a story.  This has action, mystery, and romance but just enough of each that it makes it so enjoyable.  I listed it as an Adult Book only because when I try to judge, I think ok, would I let my 16 year old daughter read it.  This one was on the line, although the romance descriptions were tame and there was more make out scenes, I would still have to wait a year before I would let my daughter read it.  (This is just my personal opinion as a parent :)  To each their own.)  I hope there will be another book since I am extremely excited to read more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment