Monday, July 30, 2012

Lords of the Underworld Series

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1)     The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2)    The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld,  #3)   The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)

The Lords of the Underworld
Author: Gena Showalter
Adult Books
(Amy's Review)
FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Ok, since I have been reading this series like I am in the Olympics, fast and furious, I have decided to do something that I have never done before.  I am doing a review of 4 books in one!  Yes, crazy right?  Let me start by saying, I never thought I would enjoy these as much as I did.  I am so not a fan of series that switch from one character to the next in a book series.  I love reading about one character and following them.  Well, this has definitely changed my opinion.  Gena has created not just a wonderful world with her series but wrote about the most intriguing characters ever, and I'm only through with 4 books!  Crazy right?  Well, these Lords, are immortal warriors possessed by demons.  Not only are they scrumcious, but so complex that you want to know about each one.  I think the thing that hooked me the most is the mythology part.  I love mythology, Zeus, Cronus, The Titans, all of it, and this series is all about that but in modern day.  Each book is about a different warrior and their struggle with the demon inside and all the changes around them.  In each book a new female is introduced within the group, and a few times I wanted to bang my head against the wall wondering what is wrong with these women!  You'll see :)  Gena writes great character development and ends each book so you pick right up with the next.  Gena Showalter and Nalini Singh are my new heroes.  If you haven't been following them, then you've been missing out.  On to book 5 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment