Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dead Flesh

Dead Flesh (Kiera Hudson Series Two, #1)


Dead Flesh
Author: Tim O'Rourke
Older YA Book
(Amy's Review)

Synopsis

When Kiera and her friends return from the dead, they soon realise that the world is not the same – it has been pushed. Returning to Hallowed Manor, Kiera soon learns that it’s not only the world that has changed, she is changing, too.  Asked to help solve the murder of missing school teacher, Emily Clarke, Kiera and her friends soon discover that they are now living in a world where humans and wolves live together, sharing a fragile peace. But during her investigations, Kiera soon discovers that the world is now a much darker and dangerous place than the one she left behind.

Kiera and Potter are back!  I am so happy Tim decided to continue with a new series for Kiera.  I was so happy to see that Kiera and Potter are together. Its the first series that I've read when two characters get romantically involved and their personalities don't change.  They stay true to who they are.  I think that is what I love most about these characters.  This series is very different from the first Kiera Hudson series.  With the first series, Kiera had the help of Luke, Murphy and Potter from the start.  This series Kiera starts off with no help and has others relying on her on shat to do.  She has a huge weight on her shoulders and you feel such compassion for her.  I won't give anything away with this book because just when you think Kiera has saved the day and finally found her path....the bottom drops and all is not what it seems.  I had a feeling of a returning character but not in the way it happened.  My jaw dropped and stayed that way even after I was done reading.  I look forward to the next book and the short about Potter.

Rating 4 out of 5 

2 comments: