Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Afterlight: Dark Ink Chronicles #1

Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles #1)
Afterlight
Author: Elle Jasper
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)

Savannah's most unconventional tattoo artist, Riley Poe, lives on the edge. Now she's put over the edge when her younger brother is taken by a sinister cult led by vampires. Her only ally is the hot-tempered vampire Eli Dupre, attracted to Riley's beauty and rare blood type. To save her brother from certain un-death, Riley faces dangers she's never dreamed of, ruthless bloodthirsty enemies, and an evil of endless hunger that wants to devour it all...

It’s funny how we come across good books without even realizing it.  I was at a used book store checking out what was in that day and this book ended up in my basket somehow.  I know I did not put it in my mix but someone was bringing this book to me.  I am so glad they did.  I loved this story.  I have even gotten 4 of my friends hooked on this series.  This is about Riley, she is a tattoo artist and she is human.  She takes care of her younger brother after the death of her mother.   When Riley’s brother Seth is brought in a cult trying to turn them into vampires, Riley turns to her Gullah relatives for help they bring her to the Dupre family, a very old vampire family.  You cannot help but get wrapped up in the adventure Riley goes on.  Elle brings in Louisana history and it makes this story seem real.  It is a definite must read.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment