Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Gates

The Gates (The Resistance Trilogy, #2)

The Gates
Author: Rachael Wade
Adult Book
(Amy's Review)
5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis

Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin's risky crusade. Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn't always go according to plan. As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.

I should have written this review last night when I finished reading but sleep took over.  Rachael has outdone herself with this second book of the Resistance Trilogy.  My review will not have any actual story spoilers, if I were to even elaborate on a specific event in The Gates it will ruin the book in its entirety.  You need to go in blind and read it, then you will truly feel the story. 

While I enjoyed the first book Amaranth, The Gates blew me away.  Not only is 80 percent of the book non stop action, adventure and suspense but it also shows so much depth between Gavin and Camille.  Although I wanted to reach inside my kindle and grab Gavin by the shoulders to shake him and slap him around a bit, I kept going giving him the benefit of the doubt.  Why are men so stupid sometimes, I don't know they just are.  The Gates pulls so much emotion out of you, I got embarrassed at one point because a tear escaped and my 2 teenagers look at me like I was nuts.  Embarrassing!!!  If you've read Amaranth then you will love The Gates, if you haven't read Amaranth then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  Get on it!  That's my review :P

No comments:

Post a Comment